Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
Life Science Innovation Network Japan, Inc. (LINK-J) is the organization with the aim to create the spaces in Nihonbashi for the exchange of people around the world who are involved with broadly-defined life-science studies or industries from regenerative medicine, individualized medicine, drug discovery, medical devices and healthcare IT to prevention, pre-symptomatic diseases, health and longevity, and establish the platforms which continue to generate products and services contributing to people’s health. LINK-J shall use the acquired personal information in accordance with this purpose, respect and comply with the laws and regulations applied with regard to personal information and their spirits, handle personal information in a proper and secure manner and make efforts to protect personal information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
1. Acquisition of personal information
LINK-J clarifies the purpose of use of personal information in the separate Purpose of Use of Personal Information and handles the information provided voluntarily by the person.
2. Purpose of use and protection
LINK-J uses the personal information within the scope of the purpose of use of such information.
Except for the cases where LINK-J ties up with other persons or entity in order to implement the purpose of use, the cases where provision to a third party is required by laws, regulations or other rules and the cases where such provision is necessary for the protection of the life, body or property of an individual, LINK-J will not provide such information to a third party.
3. Administration system
(1) LINK-J manages all personal information properly and takes preventive or corrective measures in order to prevent such information from the loss, damage, falsification, leakage or any other accidents due to unauthorized access, theft, bringing out or other actions.
(2) If any operation within the purpose of use is outsourced to an external service provider based on personal information, LINK-J executes a personal information handling agreement with the service provider, and manages and supervises the service provider to ensure proper management.
(3) LINK-J receives as needed and responds properly to inquiries from the person of the personal information pertaining to handling of personal information such as disclosure, collection or suspension of use.
LINK-J responds to any complaints pertaining to handling of personal information in a proper and prompt manner.
4. Maintenance and continuation of efforts for compliance with laws and regulations
(1) LINK-J makes efforts to perform its operations in accordance with laws and regulations and any other rules pertaining to protection of personal information.
(2) LINK-J continues to review and improve the policies, systems and other matters required to protect the personal information retained by LINK-J, depending on the changes in its business activities and the changes or shifts in the laws and regulations, social environment and IT environment surrounding the business.
Life Science Innovation Network Japan, Inc.
2-3-11, Nihonbashi Honcho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, 103-0023
Tel: 03-3241-4911 Fax: 03-3241-3757 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 – 17:00)
※English Translation for Reference Only