Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The purpose of use of personal information provided in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws and regulations (hereinafter referred to as “Laws and Regulations”) shall be specified as follows:
1. Personal information retained by Life Science Innovation Network Japan, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “LINK-J”) (except for specific personal information) is used to perform the business of LINK-J as follows:
(1) Business to promote interaction and collaboration of related persons involved in life-science industries in and outside Japan;
(2) Development and assistance business that helps develop and assist in the human resources and venture firms in life-science industries for contribution to helping people around the world live healthier lives; and
(3) Any other business related to the businesses stated in (1) and (2) above that is required to achieve the purpose of LINK-J.
2. Personal information retained by LINK-J (except for specific personal information) is used for the following purpose of use with regard to the business stated in item 1 above.
If the purpose in using certain personal information is restricted by Laws and Regulations, such information will not be used in excess of such remitted purpose of usage.
・ To recruit participants or register participation in the events or programs hosted, co-hosted or sponsored by LINK-J
・ To proceed the procedures required to use the Nihonbashi Life Science Business Bases collaborated with Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd.
・ To respond to, record and store consultation, inquiries, opinions, complaints or other matters
・ To send e-mail newsletters and notices for services provided by LINK-J
・ To operate LINK-J, provide each service, make improvements and perform marketing research or questionnaires for the operation, service and improvements
・ To perform surveys about business of LINK-J, feedback survey results or other information, conduct studies and perform any other activities
・ To take administrative procedures for enrollment as and withdrawal from the Special Member
・ To exercise rights or perform obligations based on the Special Membership Rules and the Laws and Regulations
・ To provide personal information to a third party within the necessary scope under item 3
3. The matters pertaining to the provision of personal information to a third party shall be as follows:
(1) In addition to the cases required to provide such information based on provisions of Laws and Regulations, LINK-J may provide customer’s personal information to Mitsui Fudosan Co., Ltd. and Mitsui Fudosan Building Management Co., Ltd., our partners, within the scope required to implement or introduce the services related to the business purposes of LINK-J in items 1 and 2 above.
(2) The information to be provided shall be customer’s name, address, belonging, phone number, e-mail address and any other necessary items, but shall be limited to the minimum items.
(3) If LINK-J provides personal information to a third party, it shall deliver it by documents, mail, phone, facsimile, e-mail, electronic media or any other means with full consideration to safety management. If electronic data is provided, such data is encrypted and then delivered.
(4) LINK-J will stop providing personal information to any of the third parties upon request of the relevant customer. Please contact the personal information desk.
4. Some pages of this website send and receive information called “cookies” in order to deliver services to the customer.
Cookies are used mainly for the following purposes:
・ To provide various assistance in entries or customize formats suitable for use of each customer in providing services for members or others on this website or other media
・ To use data as statistics in the format not allowed to identify the specific individual
※ Cookies are used only for the purpose of delivering services to customers and for usage analysis. Cookies will never be used for any purpose other than above. Cookies will not be used by associating with personal information.
Cookies are information transmitted between a web server and a browser of a customer in order to operate the Internet efficiently and may be recorded on the customer’s information terminal. Of the information provided through cookies, LINK-J may acquire the attributional information that does not enable the identification of the specific individual such as age, gender, occupation or resident areas (limited to information that cannot identify the specific individual even if combined with any information), the terminal information, the behavior history of an user on this website (such as URL, contents the user accessed or order of browsing) and the location information based on approval or applications of an user when he or she uses a smart phone or other device. However, cookies will not include any personal information such as an e-mail address or names.
The customer can set its environment to disable cookies but may not receive some parts of the services on this website as a result.
5. This website records the information on a computer of the customer who accessed the website as access logs.
Access logs are used mainly for the following purposes:
・ To identify and solve the causes of troubles occurred in a web server
・ To improve the website for more customer satisfaction
・ To use data of usage of the website or other matters as statistics in the format not allowed to identify the specific individual
・ To provide various assistance in entries or customize information displayed and other matters to be suitable for use of each customer by using behavior history or other information before login, when the customer uses membership information to log in a website or services for members
Access logs mean the information on a domain name and IP addresses used, files accessed, operating system and browser types used and time accessed when a customer accesses.
※English Translation for Reference Only